10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. People assume that because I’m a Coach I must love to work out, but the truth is – I dread cardio days! I’ve found the secret to staying motivated and it’s not the crazy workout leggings – although I do love them! To find out the big secret, check out my blog post here.
2. One of the biggest lessons I have learned in life is that it’s never too late to follow your passion. At age 37, I built this site and launched Fueled Fit Focused with no prior experience in web design or business. I believe that what God calls us to, he will equip us to do. Helping people grow and reach their full potential – physically, mentally, and spiritually – is my passion. What’s yours? If you don’t know, check out my blog post on Finding Your Passion (coming soon!).
3. I have been a Christian my entire life, but I read the entire Bible for the first time at the age of 35 and it has changed my perspective on my faith, my marriage, my parenting, and my life! If you want to grow in your faith, here are a few resources to get you started.
4. The hardest job I’ve ever had is being a mom. As moms we are caregivers, teachers, coaches, referees, spiritual leaders, personal chefs, family therapists, chauffeurs, event planners, story tellers, boo-boo fixers, hug dispensers, and so much more all wrapped into one. Visit my Parenting Page (see Parenting with Purpose blog posts) for activities to help your children grow and share what’s working for you and your family!
5. I am a perfectionist. I have beat myself up for missing a workout, obsessed over numbers of a scale, and even held back from starting something new (including this website) for fear of failure. I have struggled to lose the baby weight, overcome emotional eating, and break free from the “comparison trap.” I am finally learning how to find freedom and balance in life and I am a new person because of it. I’m here to help set you free from what’s holding you back so that you can find that same freedom.
6. I am a huge nerd. After college, I conducted research at the Laboratory of Molecular Biology at the NIH and wrote my Master’s thesis on the Effects of an Altered Histone-like Bacterial Protein on Escherichia coli Invasion of Mammalian Hosts. I love to learn and commit myself to reading something each day to grow personally, professionally, and/or spiritually. (Check out my Food, Fitness, Family, and Faith Resources pages.)
7. My current life verse is Phil 3:12-21 MSG because it inspires me to stay focused on the goal. (Yup, I’m gonna make you dust of your Bible and look it up!).
8. The lyrics of this song, Legacy by Nichole Nordeman, inspire me on a daily basis. I aspire to be someone who focuses not on accumulating “treasure piles” but on being a child of mercy and grace, who blesses His name, and who will one day hear the words, “Well done, good and faithful one.” I want people to remember me as someone with a generous heart who led a Godly life, all the while pointing back to Him.
9. My transformation, From a Religion to a Relationship, has completely changed my perspective on food, fitness, and life. I choose to look at food as fuel for my body and at exercise as a way to honor and care for it so I can fulfill His purpose for my life. Life isn’t about going through the motions – it’s about living with purpose and passion – something I found once I began pursuing a relationship with Christ. To read the amazing testimonies of other women whose lives have been transformed through their faith, click here.
10. Okay, so this last one’s not really about me. It’s about YOU because YOU are my business! My passion stops here and my purpose goes unfulfilled unless you join me! If you share my passions, believe in my purpose, or just want to help others live healthier, more focused lives, please share my site with your family and friends and join my FREE Fueled Fit Focused Facebook group for free tips, resources, and ongoing accountability and support.